Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index
  The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:23 am   

Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Members Cars

Colorful progress on the '63

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
mygirls63

Colorful progress on the '63

It has been a long time coming, and is a small step but a big victory to me. If it keeps going along like this, the car may be painted before Christmas. Maybe before Thanksgiving!

The trunk is jambed, the trunk floor is done, (needs slight touch up), the underneath of the car is painted and the roll cage is painted. Next up this week is the dash. Then the door jambs & engine compartment & doors. At that point I will paint everything with the exception of the hood.

Then the expensive fun will start! Motor & drive train. The rear axle is braced and the pinion angle is set. It is out to be narrowed. The transmission is done, but I still need a torque converter, spool, axles & gear. Lots of little parts are still needed. But progress is starting to snow ball and the energy is building.

[/img]

Post Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:30 pm 
Glass_Packs

WOW Scott - that trunk floor looks amazing! I can't wait to see the finished product!

Keep the energy going,
Tom - Glass_Packs

Post Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:30 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
mygirls63

I can't wait either!

Alas we must though.

My back does not allow me the 16 hour days that I once did (which led to said bad back!).

I planned a 3 day week end to paint the door jambs & engine compartment, however a death in the family will require some of this time.

We have all winter!

Thanks for the compliments,
Scott

Post Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:41 pm 
1320lane

Dang Scott, I saw this on eBay and thought of you. you'd have to paint it now too though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=010&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=200263773460&rd=1

'63 Fairlane 2-dr post. Race car since at least '67. In the process of turning it into a proto-clone Nostalgia Super Stock car with FE power and three pedals.

Post Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:18 am 
mygirls63

I have seen those before, they look cool.
It's older than my slot car track, but if it ran on my setup, I would never get the car done.
By the way if you come up to pick up the third member, don't come too soon because I have sandpaper with your name on it!!
I may put you to work!

Post Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:22 pm 
mygirls63

It just keeps getting better

More progress. Winter is setting in and I want to get the body & doors in color. After the front suspension is done, I will paint the front end.

I am going to paint the floor in blue speckle Zolatone. Once that is done (hopefully this weekend) I will hang the doors, install some weatherstriping, door latches ect, then start wet sanding. I can't wait to finish the floors so I can unmask the roll cage and see how things look!

[/img]

The camera flash turned everything up close green! The color is Grabber Blue!

Post Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:31 pm 
Koupers

man this things going to look sweet once finished!! Good luck with it!

Post Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:40 am 
Kremecheez

Got any new pics with that paint job??!

Post Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:41 pm 
mygirls63

These are about the most recent photos I have right now.

I still do not have the fiberglass hood & bumpers. Those seem to be secondary to completing the car mechanicly.

We are still doing mild port work/bowl blending on the heads at work. Then once new rings are here and we modify a set of rod bearings, the rotating assembly needs rebalanced to a new flex plate & harmonic balancer.

Here is another thread with quite a few photos & information on the build. I forgot about this thread when I started the other one.

http://fairlaneforums.easyphpbb.com/viewtopic.php?t=2802&highlight=

Post Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:11 pm 
mygirls63

It's been what seems like years since this started, let alone when the racing began, lol.

Just a short update if anyone cares....

Went to Heartland Park Topeka a coupe weekends ago for the 1st bracket race of the year. Finally got around to painting the hood to get her finished and threw some new rear shocks at her too.

Spent most of the day Saturday trying to find the sweet spot for the shock adjustment, but basically didn't.

However, I was able to turn in some good runs. Ran into 10 to 15 MPH head winds all day, but the best pass was a new personal best as far as the 60' and 1/8 mile were concerned.

11.10 @ 118.2, 1.48 60' times. Ran 119.5 MPH Sunday with 1 to 2 MPH winds just to illustrate the difference. I hope to find a 10.99 by this fall

Not bad for a puny little 302 naturally aspirated! Very Happy

Post Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:49 pm 
rusty428cj

Very nice and fast!!
727-847-7973
www.gillisrestorations.com

Post Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:57 am 
mygirls63

quote:
Originally posted by rusty428cj:
Very nice and fast!!

Thanks. Very flattering, but it doesn't hold a candle to your work!

Post Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:44 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: