Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index
  The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:09 pm   

Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index -> FairlaneTech

I need a good assembly manual for 66 Convertible

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
pkmach1

I need a good assembly manual for 66 Convertible

I need to find a good assembly manual with good exploded pics and detailed part descriptions. Also, is there any good manual for interiors? The project I bought is taking up two parking spaces...one for the car and the second for the parts scattered on the ground. The person who dissassembled did not take the time to label all of the parts and so I am trying to piece the car back together. Any suggestions? Thanks

Post Thu May 04, 2006 12:41 pm 
fair67cp

Nothing beats time, patience, and persistence! I've always found that drawings help and if you can't find any sketching the parts and relative positions is a good starting point. You may also consider having some of the members here provide digital pictures of their assembled/semi-assembled "problem areas" that you run into. I like to "stage" assemblies put them together with little or no fasteners and to see if there is any progression of assembly or anything that seems missing.

Anyway, good luck and hope this helps!

Post Thu May 04, 2006 12:54 pm 
cereal69

I'm in the same boat. My 67 Vert came as a partial project in boxes. Through time and research I have found out what each part is and where it goes. As for bolts and screws you may want to invest in a screw kit from Dearborne or Macs. Through trial and error I am 80% of the way there. If you need any more answers I will try and help if I can. Good luck and wish me the same.
Later.
Custom Pin Striping By Von Hot Rod
Lots of Vintage Cal Custom Accessories

Post Thu May 04, 2006 6:27 pm 
Rylic

I want to say that either Dearborn or Macs or Autokrafters sells them. Dearborn I'm almost positive about. You can also check on ebay. And there's another site that strictly sells reproductions of the original manuals and all, but I'll have to search for that site.

Post Thu May 04, 2006 6:41 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
Rod Hahn

I'd invest in a "Shop Manual". Check Ebay as they average about $43 plus shipping. Dearborne's are $59 plus shipping. They give a wealth of information about the 66 Fairlane in general. NOTE: the manual will not give you specific information about a convertible, but general information about the car. Others that own 66 convertibles on this site can fill in the information that the shop manual doesn't cover.

I too bought a 67 Ranchero in parts that were taken apart by the previous owner. By studying the manual I found where all of the boxed parts went. Took me about 1 year to figure where all went -- but I had no help as the internet wasn't available. Sad Rod in Vegas

Post Sat May 06, 2006 7:45 pm 
scotta66gt

Full breakdown on CD

Howdy. I bought a full original drawing set on CD on ebay for like $15. It's a whole bunch of scans of the original factory drawings, like they used to have on microfiche. I've got a 66 GT, if you have problems drop me a line at mystylesthebomb_at_yahoo.com and maybe I can send you some files. - Scott

Post Sat May 06, 2006 9:58 pm 
thescreenman

Fair67 says it all.Pictures,pictures and more pictures.My camera goes with me in almost every step I do.Store on the pc and always come back to remember that step.It has saved me alot of mistakes.Sometimes looking in the book cant see parts going where they are supposed to go,but my pictures save me.My car is a 62 but im sure some on this site could email you some to bail you out of your jam.Good Luck

Post Mon May 08, 2006 11:23 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: