Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index
  The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:58 am   

Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Off-Topic

Fairlane themed furniture?

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
scorcher1967

Fairlane themed furniture?

I was not sure where to post this question, so I put it here. I am not trying to advertise, or abuse the forum, I just want the opinions of some fairlane fans. I dont really have anything for sale. If this post violates any forum guidelines, forgive me and delete it, I am just tired of the chevy guys getting the cool stuff.

I have not been working on my 64 wagon lately, gotta bank some goodwill away with the body shop, so I have been helping finish up a 62 corvette. When thats done, back to the wagon.

Anyway, while working on the vette, Jimmy and I have been talking shop, and came up with some furniture ideas. I want to try to guage the interest in making furniture that is Fairlane based. We have a couple pieces of 57 chevy(couch, front wall piece)but would a 57 fairlane front be just as cool?

What we do is pull casts of actual vehicles, and then make them into a couch. After talking about it, we figured we can make just about anything out of any vehicle. Stretch the rear to make a large couch, narrow it to make a chair. A computer desk with speakers running out the exhaust tips, screen flips down from the trunk lid when open, keyboard fold down from the tail light panel. A wet bar with built in tap and sink. (open the trunk of the T-Bolt, full service bar) Hang the front of it above the bar with lights and speakers behind the grill...kids bed from a 64 sport coupe, bunk beds...toy box...
What do you guys think? What would you build?

Just for example, the 57 chevy couch only weighs 100 lbs.

We have my 64 wagon, a 64 sport coupe, and a 57 Fairlane Sedan Delivery to pull casts off of, but if anyone is in the northern colorado area, maybe we could pull a cast off other years?

Post Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:46 am 
fair67cp

interesting ideas

It's funny you should mention this. A few weeks ago I was at a Packard swap meet. When I was looking at the various parts there was a dashboard there screaming "I want to be a bar or table" at me! I shrugged it off as a byproduct of the 70s dismissed the idea offhand as "unpractical". Now I am not so sure!

Post Wed May 14, 2008 11:42 am 
GerryProctor

I think the trick is to pick a piece of an object that has good bones to begin with and integrate it into a design that highlights that object into something unique. Here's a company that does that with aircraft parts: http://www.motoart.com/

Post Thu May 15, 2008 5:53 am 
69cobra

Several years ago, there was an article in my local paper, Huntsville Times, about a body man who made a couch from the tail end of a '63 Fairlane. He had restored a Fairlane and had this parts car behind his shop and decided to make a couch out of it. 69cobra
1967 F-350 w/43,000 miles

Post Thu May 15, 2008 7:56 am 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: