Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index
  The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:52 pm   

Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Off-Topic

Lets ration gas

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
thefairlaneman

Lets ration gas

I believe that the time has come to ration gas. It would limit the excess demand for gas people dont need and make more available to those who have to buy it. I know people will say NO WAY but for the well being of all the gas hogs dont have to right to hog up the gas. Give people ration tickets that let them buy so much a week within reason and those that want to be hogs can still buy but pay more. Afterall they are wasting more and should pay more. LIke water when you use alot and waste it the rate goes up once you reach a reasonable limit.

Post Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:42 pm 
steve

There is no shortage of gas. The oil producers put a production cap on how much they produce to control their profits. The government will be reluctant to step in and demand more production since some of the leaders are oil men (profit profit profit) and the fact that they make tax money for every gallon/litre sold. The higher the price the higher the tax money. I agree the price has gotten out of hand. It will hurt the every end of the economy from farming to manufacturing to tourism. I hope they step in before its too late and we all go into a deep economic depression.

Post Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:59 pm 
jmgford

Re: Lets ration gas

quote:
Originally posted by thefairlaneman:
I believe that the time has come to ration gas. It would limit the excess demand for gas people dont need and make more available to those who have to buy it. I know people will say NO WAY but for the well being of all the gas hogs dont have to right to hog up the gas. Give people ration tickets that let them buy so much a week within reason and those that want to be hogs can still buy but pay more. Afterall they are wasting more and should pay more. LIke water when you use alot and waste it the rate goes up once you reach a reasonable limit.

And who would decide how much I "need"? What about those people who have a long distance to work, compared to those who work at home? What about folks who have to haul kids to football, Cub Scouts, church youth group, etc.? Who determines if I am one of those "gas hogs"? I am sure there would be plenty of Lefties, like Algore, that would love to dictate rationing, while they flew around in their private jets!

Post Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:53 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
la8ron

The local news here in New Zealand has said that the average grocery shopping bill has gone up by about 30% due to the increased cost in fuel for the running of the trucks. As for rationing, it should only apply to japanese imported cars, especially rotary powered ones.

Post Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:21 am 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: